Saturday 22 August 2015

Summer of Guest Posts: Not Your Average Nails!


Hi everyone!

I have another amazing guest post today!! I asked my friend Becca from Not Your Average Nails if she wanted to make something for the Summer of Guest Posts - and oh boys and girls, did she make something awesome!

Becca decided to do a sort of tribute design to my blog - look on and be amazed! I love it so so much <3 So a big THANK YOU, Becca, for the mascotte!!

---------------------------------------------------------------


Hey guys! It's Becca of Not Your Average Nails checking in for Guest Post Duty! 

I was super excited when Robin contacted me about creating a design for her Summer of Guest Posts Series and I couldn't have been happier to agree! After looking through the previous guest designs in the series (which are all wonderful by the way, amazing job ladies!) it seems like I'm going in a bit of a different direction with my design than everyone else. So far the designs have been largely summer themed (understandable considering the series title), but instead of doing a summery design I decided to base my design on Robin's blog itself and - literally - make some Roaring Nails for her. ;D


Isn't that little tiger the most adorable thing? Look at him trying to be all big and tough with that roar! Since Robin's previously mentioned her love for my cute character nails, I wanted to give her her own cute mascot for her blog! I even went so far as to use the font from her blog title for the "ROAR" on the middle finger.

The tiger itself is inspired by a seriously cute t-shirt design that I found on Google (click image for source):
For the tiger stripe nails I used what I've been calling the "Random Dot Gradient" technique - where you put random dots of different coloured polishes on a makeup sponge and then dab it on your nails. Is there an official, common term for this technique? I'm obviously unaware of it if there is. But anyways, I used two different shades of orange, a medium yellow and a light brown to get the subtle texture effect for those nails.


I used a detail brush from Born Pretty (ID 16677) for all the line work and whatnot and the polishes that I used for the design are as follows:

Ciaté - Hopscotch
Ciaté - La Confidentiale
Ciaté - Loop The Loop
Essie - Cocktails & Coconuts
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Mink Muffs
Essie - Serial Shopper
HK Girl - Clear Topcoat
Sally Hansen - White On

I hope you love your little mascot as much as I do Robin, and thank you again for asking me to participate in this series! It was so much fun coming up with the design and even more fun to share it!


xo,
Becca.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks amazing, the wild cat design and how it went out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and with Football season on its way perfect for game day glam!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! Love the little tiger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeca's design is AMAZING! So so adorable and so fitting with your blog! I really love this manicure :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, cute and adorable!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)