Friday 14 August 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Thermal Polish

*Disclaimer: this item was received for review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by anything or anyone.


Hi everyone!

Today I have a fun review: I'm testing out this thermal nail polish from Born Pretty Store.

  • What?: a thermal polish that goes from medium blue to purple. You get a bottle of 6 ml.
  • Price?: This polish costs $4.06, which is pretty much for 6 ml, but the colours are pretty and the transition works very well.
  • Where can you get it?: Here is the item link on Born Pretty Store.
  • What do I think?: I like this polish! The transition looks good and is obvious, and I really like the two colours. This polish is also available in other colours - see image below (taken from the BPS website). I have nr. 103.



I did 3 coats here, because otherwise I had some streaks in the polish when it was in its blue state.
The polish applied smoothly, it's not too runny. It also didn't have a strong smell, which is a great plus.


The only downside is that this polish doesn't level itself out, so you need a good topcoat. For my swatches I used top coat. I don't know how fast this polish will chip because I only had time to swatch it.

Anyway, here's the warm state:


 And the cold one - you can see on my middle finger that it quickly gets warm again:


Something inbetween. This was how the polish looked on me most of the time. I love the subtle transition and I love the blue colour a lot!


If you like this polish, you can find it here! Feel free to use my discount code XDX31 to get 10% off at BPS.


What do you think of this thermal polish? Are the colours for you, or do you like the other combo's better?

Thanks for reading!


10 comments:

  1. I love your thermal nail look!! I love the green and blue polishes but orange reminds me of Candy Corn with the orange/yellow look!!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of BP thermals and I liked it, this one is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable colour(s)! A very sweet looking mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very col! Nice color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice one. I do like thermals :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both colours are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color change is really nice. I have the nr. 101 and the thermal effect is not as strong as in this purple/blue one. I tried it when it was extremely hot, maybe that was the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this polish looks amazing! I still need to try BPS holos and thermals but judging by this it looks fantastic! Love the colour change :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, I love thermal polishes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)