Friday 3 April 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Gold Stamping Polish

*Disclaimer: this item was received for review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by anything or anyone.


Hi!

Today I have another Born Pretty Store review for you! I will have a super busy Weekend - a wedding (yay!) and Easter celebrations! So if I don't respond to stuff immediately, it's because I'm having too much of a good time! :D
Now, on to the review:


  • What?: A gold stamping polish, 6ml. 
  • Price?: This stamping polish costs $4.99.
  • Where can you get it?: You can find this item here on Born Pretty Store.
  • What do I think?: This polish stamps well. It could have been even a bit more opaque, but it certainly is good enough.

I did two designs to test out this stamping polish. First up, some stamping on top of brown polish! I used Only You Crazy Brownie and Catrice Goldbusters.


I used a MoYou stamping plate that I got from Jacqui. I used the image in the middle (right next to my blog name in the picture): the handwriting.


The polish stamped well: my stamper picked it up nicely and it transferred wel onto my nails.



The second design I did is with Catrice First Class Up-Grape as a base (2 coats). I used a stamping plate from Born Pretty Store too which I received for review previously: BP-51 (you can read that review here). I used the swishie line design on the middle right of the plate.


The stamping came out well (especially my index finger! I'm so proud of that one!), except for my ring finger. That's more my fault than the polish's fault though: I didn't move my stamper in one smooth movement over my nail but I wiggled it a bit :/ The stamping polish works nicely and the design gets picked up well.

The only downside of this polish is that for my taste, it could have been even more opaque. It's already pretty opaque, don't get me wrong, but it could have been a tad more: you can see how the gold lines aren't completely gold, but some of the burgundy Catrice shines through. It could be, however, that that's more a problem with my stamping skills/with the stamping plate, I'm not sure.

The opacity of this stamping polish is still good enough though - and about ten times better than normal gold polishes if you try to stamp with them. I do not own any other gold stamping polishes so I can't compare it with other brands.



So, all in all, I think this polish works well. It stamps well and transfers the image well. For me, it could have been a bit more opaque, but it certainly is opaque enough to stamp very well with.

And, as always, feel free to use my discount code XDX31 to get 10% off on all your orders from Born Pretty Store!



Thanks for reading!




18 comments:

  1. I like very much the colors and the stamping of the first manicure!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes I love the handwriting design to stamp with! :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely stamping! Great handwriting pattern. It seems the BP stamps well, the bottle could be bigger though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aneta! :) Haha yes the bottle is only 6ml ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice gold polish and I like your stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both manis are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great Easter! I love these! I can't decide which one I actually love more, the plate looks awesome and both manicures look so classy with your colour combo's! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! (food!) I love the colour combo's a lot too! :D I hope you had a good weekend as well!

      Delete
  6. I love all, your nails, the stamping plate and polishes!!! Big Hug and i happy to see you for my blog thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that BP-51 plate, the patterns are awesome. I only fear they are a bit too short to cover longer nails?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean! I've cut my nails and am planning on keeping them shorter than before so I haven't used the plates with very long nails, but I too think they're a bit too short for long nails :/

      Delete
  8. Wauw, twee beauties van een nail arts zeg! Heel leuk, de kleuren maken het zo elegant. First Class Up Grape is zo mooi. En stempelt ook goed trouwens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heel erg bedankt Miriam! Ja ik vond de kleuren ook heel mooi samen :) Goed dat je zegt dat First Class Up-Grape goed stempelt, ik zou er zelf niet aan hebben gedacht maar nu probeer ik het zeker eens uit! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)