Sunday 22 March 2015

Mint/Pink Gradient for Spring!


Hi everyone!

I was so in the mood for Spring that I really wanted to do a gradient with bright colours. Then I saw this gorgeous gradient by The Lacquerologist, and I immediately knew I wanted to recreate it :D

Mine turned out brighter than hers, which I kind of love because Bam! Colours! Spring! I also accidentally reversed the colours because I wasn't paying enough attention, but either way it works.

I started with two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to make sure the colours were bright enough. Then I created the gradient with a sponge and used Gosh Miss Minty and Maybelline Tropink. I finally added dots with a dotting tool and OPI Love. Angel. Music. Baby. No top coat because I like the satin finish of L.A.M.B.


I already LOVED how the gradient had turned out so I walked around with these nails first for two days. They look even brighter in person but my camera couldn't handle it.



What do you think? I'm SO ready for Spring!! It was really nice weather here for a few days but now it's all cold and rainy again :( I hope the sun comes back soon!

Thanks for reading!


24 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Those colours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes I loved them a lot too, a big reason that I recreated the design was because of the gorgeous colours! :)

      Delete
  2. I like pink+mint! :3
    The gradient effect turned out very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. The colours of gradients are great and it looks cute-elegant with the gold dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love the colours of the gradient a lot too! :)

      Delete
  4. These are SO NICE! I like how they are different from The Lacquerologist's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they weren't supposed to differ ALL that much but I accidentally reveserd the gradient colours lol. But yeah, I'm glad I gave my own spin to it! Thanks Eva!!

      Delete
  5. Love the gradient you've created, the colors work very well together and the gold dots make this mani more playful. I love how your dots came out, they are similar sized, absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Andrea!! You're too kind, in real life the dots weren't all perfectly the same size - but still good enough for me to be happy with them :)

      Delete
  6. I love your design, I chose wonderful colours )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Mooie gradient ook, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Miriam!! Ja hè, ik vond die kleurtjes van de gradient zo mooi samen!

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this manicure, such beautiful colours and your gradient is perfect. I would never have thought of adding gold but it works so well. So very beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ithi! I loved the colours a lot too!

      Delete
  9. Love the gradients and the dots! Spring doesn't want to show up here :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simona!! Spring was here for only a few days and now it's gone again :( So I feel your pain!!

      Delete
  10. What a cute graident and I love the addition of the dots :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananka!! This gradient is one of my favourites I've ever done!

      Delete
  11. Wow, this looks so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)