Tuesday 27 January 2015

Cadillacquer - Where the Wild Things Are


Hi!!

I'm really sorry about my absence the past week - I had a super big and hard exam and then the day after another exam, so I went into full study mode!! Luckily they're done now!! :D (and I think they all went okay)

I have a ton of comments to go through and to answer, and also a lot of catching up to do with all your blogs!! That will be for Friday, however - I have a job interview tomorrow and Thursday for an internship so I will be busy with that right now. I look foward to some quiet time and to doing nothing for a few days but watch movies and paint my nails!

Anyhow, my nails are in pretty bad shape because of all the exam stress (or well, my nails are doing allright but my cuticles are gross) so I have a post from my unpublished folder. Remember that post about my new polishes a while back? I have the first one to show you today!


Meet Cadillacquer's Where the Wild Things Are. It's been on my wishlist for quite some time, so when I was tempted to get some polished by Polished by KPT, I saw my chance and grabbed this one too!

Jum jum I love those flakies!

The polish is described as having "a smoky green/grey base with a strong yellow sparkle shimmer, iridescent glitter, different colored flakies and small silver glitter." That is exactly what this polish is!!

The yellow sparkle shimmer was so so hard to capture on camera, but trust me that it's SO visible in real life. To me, this polish is definitely more grey than green, but I can see a certain greenness in it too sometimes.


I used three easy coats - I had no issues at all with application, it went on so smoothly! I know that it looks like there are some bumps in the polish on my ring finger, but I seriously don't know how they got there in the pictures. No bumps in real life, everything is super smooth so I suppose it's due to the lighting. I topped it with a shiny top coat from Sinful Colors.


Where the Wild Things Are (I LOVE the name by the way!) reminds me of a luxurious grey sweater or scarf with little flecks of gold in them. So so gorgeous and subtle and understated <3

I really love grey subtle polishes with a little extra to them, so Where the Wild Things Are is just perfect for me. Fun fact: apparently every polish by Cadillacquer is inspired by a television series, a movie or music - so I guess this one is inspired by the movie called Where the Wild Things Are :) I haven't seen it yet, but it's a fantastic film full of imagination.

I did manage to get a yellow shimmer shot in direct artificial lighting! It's just so magnificent.


I'm really glad I got this one, it's another great addition to my indie collection! I'm wearing it again right now btw. My polishes by KPT are ALSO great additions btw, and you'll be seeing them on the blog soon! ;)

What do you think of this kind of grey polish with a little extra to it? Do you have any other polishes from Cadillacquer that I seriously need to check out? (I also love Tell It To The Frogs!)

Thanks for reading!


12 comments:

  1. I have nothing like this one in my collection; it's unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a unique combination!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I love a name of this polish. The shade is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, it's such a cute name!! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear about the exams :-)

    What a lovely and interesting polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES verrry good to hear the exams are finally over lol! Thanks Ananka!

      Delete
  4. Very classy shade. This is a polish that goes to any kind of outfit. I absolutely love the shimmer of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, it fits everything!! That yellow shimmer is indeed gorgeous <3

      Delete
  5. Glad your exams went well, phew that they are over! Don't worry on being a little bit behind, you had a lot going on! I love this grey on your nails, the macro shot is stunning. This is such a special grey :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ithi!! I'm reeaaally glad they went well too :D I love the macro shot a lot too, those floating flakies look soo jumm!

      Delete
  6. Oh my GOSH! What a beauty! Vind 'm erg mooi. Hou ik ZO van :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)