Monday 17 November 2014

Guest Post from Franzi (FrankieHuntersNails)!

Hi everyone!

Today I have something really exciting for you: the first guest post ever on my blog!
I did a few guest posts myself for other people in the past, and I thought it was time to have a few on my blog now too :)

It's an honour to have the lovely Franzi from FrankieHuntersNails do this first guest post! She is such a sweet and supportive person. I've known her for a while now and have been following her blog for a long time. It amazes me how much progress Franzi has made in the past year: not only does her nail art keep getting better, but her writing and pictures have improved a lot too! I love that about following a blog for a long time, you really see people improve :)

Okay, I will stop talking now! Franzi, take it away!


Hy ladies!

My name is Franziska and I run my blog FrankieHuntersNails since November 2013. I fell in love with nail art the year before and decided to start my own blog, after discovering that there is a huge community and because I wanted to share my work with others.

I was really happy and amazingly proud, when Robin asked me to do a guest post for her. I met Robin shortly after I started my blog, via another blogger and she is one of those artists I admire most and she inspired me a lot!



I let her choose between two designs and she took the one, which included the new China Glaze - Meet me under the Stars polish. I combined it with some stamped snow crystals from the MoYou Festive Collection 02 plate (I bought this last year and don't know if its still available).


Some words about the polish: Meet me under the Stars is a blackened jelly polish with tiny silver glitter in it. It dries to a slightly textured finish and you will at least need two coats for full opacity. It was a bit hard to apply, because it's really goopy. This may be because of the very dense glitter.




I will try to explain how I applied it and I hope you understand, it's a bit hard to write down :)

When I applied the first layer, I tried to apply it even proportioned, which means that there is the same amount of polish on the whole nail. Avoid to leave bald or thick spots, because especially when you don't do any nail art above it, this will be visible. If you want to wear it on its own, I recommend to apply three even coats. But the even coats are the crucial thing about this polish, because it has such a strange consistency.


Nevertheless, if you are patient enough, you will be granted with an awesome looking polish! And the final look of it is the only reason, why I can recommend this polish. It looks great, has a lot of depth and is a perfect base for some glittery black and white nail art.


When the two coats were dry, I applied one coat of Glisten&Glow - HK Girl top coat (which is my absolute favourite fast drying high shine top coat) and begun with the stamping.

I used Essence - stampy polish 001 stamp me! white, because it's a high pigmented white polish and my Konad stamper, because of the pink stamper. I chose different snow crystals from the plate for every finger and if I counted right there are 49 different snow crystals to choose from.

I really recommend MoYou stamping plates. They are perfect for stamping and have very unique designs. If you can get your hands on the Festive Collection 02 plate, go and get it. These snow crystals are amazing and you will need it every year in winter! :)

When the stamping was dry, I applied again a layer of Glisten&Glow - HK Girl to seal it and add some extra gloss to the base polish.


Normally, I'm not very good at stamping, even though I like this technique so much! But this time it turned out very well I think!

Ok, that's it!

I want to thank Robin for letting me guest post on her blog! I was really excited about it and thought for hours about a design for her! I hope you enjoyed this little review and the simple nail design!

xo
Franzi



 How awesome does that look?!! I love the design Franzi created, the China Glaze polish looks really pretty and the stamping came out perfectly. Big love! Thank you so much Franzi for wanting to guest post for me and for creating such a gorgeous design! I have no doubt that everyone here will love it too :) It's just perfect for Winter! (and that reminds me, I should probably get in the wintery mood as well and make some nail art like this!)

So, readers, what do you think? Go give Franzi some love on her blog too! If you're not following her already, go do that now, you will not regret it! :) (and while you're on her blog, go look at this mind blowing glitter placement mani! It's just mesmerizing)

Thanks for reading!

25 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you liked the design and thank you so much for your lovely words and praises!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Franzi! And of course I like your design, what is there not to like about it! :D Thank you again for doing this guest post for me! You deserve all the praise, no worries :)

      Delete
  2. amazing post I am glad you have introduced Frankie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Franzi is amazing :)

      Delete
    2. thank you too for following me now!

      Delete
  3. It looks like snow on a ground (the beginning of snowing). I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowflakes look amazing indeed! :)

      Delete
    2. this is a very accurate comparison! thank you!

      Delete
  4. This post reminded me I do have that MoYou plate!!!!!!! Time to use it for the very first time, winter is just by the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe that's so funny! It looks like a gorgeous plate and yes, perfect for winter designs!

      Delete
    2. I love this plate! there are so many crystals to choose from!

      Delete
  5. Perfect stamping, I seriously thought they were decals!! Very pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamping really turned out perfect, I think so too! :)

      Delete
    2. wow thank you so much, Miriam! that's the best compliment I ever got!

      Delete
  6. Nice to meet you Frankie - hello :-)

    This looks really amazing nail art - love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ananka! it's nice to meet you too! :)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic job as always Frankie! I wanted to get this plate last months but sold out most of the time. I should have looked for it in summer when nobody want christmas things hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as i said, I'm not sure if it's available anymore, but I remember that last year it was also sold out, but then it came back! you can also look at other shops like hypnoticpolish, they also sell some plates, maybe they have them!

      Delete
  8. Nice to meet you, Frankie! What a great post and the manicure is just to die for, I love the 'snowflakes at night' look :) I'll be following your blog now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for your super kind words and following me!

      Delete
  9. Hi Frankie (:
    The stamping is just perfect (: love those snowflakes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, right? I love how her stamping turned out! :)

      Delete
  10. Frankie creates wonderful designs, I'm a recent follower of hers and loving her blog! (Hi Frankie)! These nails definitely show off your talent, the stamping looks perrrfect, it's a really beautiful Winter design xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, I'm glad you found Franzi! She's really awesome! :)

      Delete
    2. Hy Emily *waves*! Thank you for your nice words and for following me! I follow you too!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)