Saturday 5 July 2014

OMD 2: Day 4 - Bright


Hi everyone!

You might have noticed I've been absent the past week - I've been so so busy! I haven't been able to do any nail art or edit pictures, but luckily calmer times are ahead :) Today I have a bright geometric design for you!

I'm participating in the OMD 2 Challenge that Jacqui from Craftynail has organized together with some other bloggers. I knew beforehand that I wouldn't be able to do all challenges because I don't have enough time, so I decided to pick the challenges I had the most inspiration for and that fit best in my busy shedule! I'm actually a day late with my Bright design but I just couldn't write this blog post sooner. Anyway, here it is now!



For this design I used:
Alpine Snow - OPI (not in the picture)
Funny Bunny - OPI
Tropink - Maybelline
Beach - Claire's
Corals Up - Maybelline



I started out with two coats of Alpine Snow, but it bubbled like crazy. So I tried to fix it by adding two coats of Funny Bunny, which didn't really work - but I was tired and just went with my bubbly layers of polish anyway. And in retrospect, they aren't very noticeable :)

I waited until everything had fully dried, and sectioned off some parts with scotch tape to make the bright triangles. And that's it really! It's a simple design, but I like it. And I'm really enjoying geometric designs right now :)

Oh, and this was of course wayyyy brighter in real life - we all know neons (or well, bleached neons too) and camera's don't make a good match.


I'm also super curious what you all did the past week! I'm going to read up on everything right now and go see all your designs :)

Thanks for reading!




18 comments:

  1. have a soft spot for those colors... Erg mooi gedaan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Miriam! Het zijn inderdaad erg leuke kleuren - ook perfect voor de zomer! :)

      Delete
  2. These look great! They are so bright and the triangles are so neat! Last week I managed to catch up on all of the blog post I missed over my exams - I didn't realise how many there were until I started looking through them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayna! I do love triangles a lot these days :) It's indeed unbelievable how much you can miss when you have a busy week! Luckily I think I was able to catch up now, it was nice to see everyone's designs again!

      Delete
  3. Very cool! I really like these colours together, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colours just screamed at me "use us for this prompt we are perfect!" so I had no choice ;)

      Delete
  4. hy stranger! I noticed you have been absent! :) but you are back with a nice manicure! I really like your interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sad to not be able to do nail art the entire week! The design I had on looked awful after a week so I'm glad I have some free time again! Thanks Franziska! :)

      Delete
  5. I really like this design! You did a great job, the colours you picked work really well together.

    Pnk Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great nails!! Glad you survived your exams! Time to rejoice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! I'm going to spend my days filled with useless things like watching series and movies for now - it's so fun do be able to do absolutely nothing for a while! Plus doing nail art of course! ;)

      Delete
  7. Ahh, I love these! The geometric design + neon colors make it super fun and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! I got so happy and in a summery mood whenever I looked at my nails :)

      Delete
  8. love the triangles and bright colors! they can be really hard to photograph though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that's the sad thing about bright colours :( But since every blogger seens to struggle with this, I don't blame myself too much for not being able to capture the exact brightness :)

      Delete
  9. Very pretty! I love the bright geometric pattern and also how you chose to use some of the bleached neons for the neon theme. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saskia! It was the perfect opportunity to try out some of my new polishes! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)