Monday 14 July 2014

Claire's - Sprinkles


Hellooow reader!

No OMD2 today sadly because of a lack of time, but I do have a swatch post from the vaults for you today!

About a month ago I bought Claire's Sprinkles, which is a bright pink crelly polish with blue and yellow matte glitter in it (and possible also white glitter but I wasn't able to verify it 100%). Claire's had three polishes like this: a pink one, a nice baby blue one and a soft orange one. Since I was in a summery mood, I went for the bright pink.


I have 2 coats of Sprinkles on here, plus one coat of fast drying top coat. The polish was easy to apply, but you have to wait a bit between coats so the glitter doesn't drag. I was really happy with the vibrance of the pink colour, but I'm less keen on the colours of the glitter in it - I feel like those colours, and especially the yellow, don't really match the bright pink. Does anyone think so too or is it just me?


Anyway, the brightness of the pink does make up for a lot!


Do you own any Claire's polishes? I've bought a few glitter polishes from them, and I might go back for some more ;)

Ooh and then some exciting news: I have received my first indie polish!! I won a little giveaway from Painted Sabotage and got to choose one of her polishes - I picked out Gargle Blaster :) She wrote me a nice little note and even send me a lollipop! So cute!


And then after this first one, I received eight (yes, you read that right, eight!) polishes from Shimmer Polish today to review - they look absolutely amazing. All very very exciting! :D You'll see more of them on the blog soon!

Thanks for reading!


15 comments:

  1. I loooove love that color of polish... the glitters are a bonus. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya! The colour is indeed amazing! And perfect for summer ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I should like it or not Claire's Sprinkles, does big blue glitter particles are not quite my favorite in it, but the color is very pretty! Congratulation for winning that beautiful indie polish, I am very curious how it will look on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm still doubting Sprinkles a bit myself :) Thanks a lot Andrea! I'm very excited to try out Gargle Blaster :)

      Delete
  3. I agree that the glitter colors don't quite match the polish color, but it's still a fun polish! Eight polishes to review, sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know I'm not the only one thinking this! And yes, super exciting! I'm wearing the first one now and it's gorgeous :D

      Delete
  4. This nail polish is so pretty and girly - I really like it! I think the colour of the glitters with the pink is a weird combination but I think it works well! The nail polish you won is so nice! Ooh I cannot wait to see the shimmer polishes you received too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Jayna! Gargle Blaster does indeed look super nice, I'm curious to wear it! And I just tried out my first Shimmer polish - it is absolutely stunning ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh wat een mooi lakje, heel leuk voor de zomer, lekker vrolijk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I like the blue glitters the yellow does clash a bit with the pink but I think it works here... really bold contrast! I'm excited to see swatches of those polishes you received for review too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bold contrast it is indeed! I have one swatch of a gorgeous Shimmer Polish that I'm going to publish soon ;)

      Delete
  7. I like it even with the yellow glitter ;).
    Congrats on win! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)